There are two challenges in life that our best vegan meal delivery services will solve for you.
The first is that eating a vegan diet can be challenging at first.
It’s hard to know what to cook and while we do love a plant-based burger, if you eat them constantly, they’re not healthy.
The second is that when you lead a busy life, you often don’t have time to prepare all your meals each day.
A vegan meal delivery service does the hard work for you, they ensure you eat a varied and interesting diet and all the prep work is done, so you just have to cook it.
So, check out our favorite meal delivery services!
Fresh N Lean
A very cost-effective but tasty and varied meal service that provides excellent customer service too.
BEST VALUE CHOICE
A fully customizable meal delivery service that uses nutritionists to develop their meal plans.
TOP RATED CHOICE
A mix and match meal delivery service that offers super high quality, as good as home cooked meals.
Best Vegan Meal Delivery Services
Fresh N Lean
Fresh N Lean is an excellent service which offers a meal plan for a little as $8 a month (this includes recipes, grocery lists), etc.
It then does the shopping and preparation for any meals that you want them to supply at an additional cost.
They also provide on-demand access to a nutrition coach which is great.
They can ship anywhere within the United States using either FedEx or UPS and the shipping costs are included in the cost of the service.
1. This is a very good value meal plan, ideal for those looking to test the waters of meal delivery
2. There is a lot of variety in the dishes and each comes with nutritional information supplied
3. Their customer service is first rate
1. They only deliver on a Friday, if you want a different day it costs more
2. The packaging isn’t the most environmentally friendly
3. You can’t freeze these meals, they need to be eaten fresh
Platejoy Health’s point of access is their app which helps you to plan out a healthy and balanced meal plan which you can then customize to your own health goals, dietary needs, and meal volumes.
Their basic meal planning service costs between $8 and $12 and then the meals themselves cost extra.
Though Platejoy Health hasn’t, yet, achieved zero waste they have really cut down on packaging in order to be kinder to the planet which is fantastic.
1. A huge choice of meals to provide a very varied and interesting diet
2. You can customize each meal to ensure it meets your needs
3. It’s not too expensive for the service you get
1. It gets a bit complicated when you’re planning meals for more than one person
2. It takes time to get the most out of using a bespoke planning service like this
3. It can be slightly confusing at first, though eventually it becomes second nature
It needs to be stressed that vegan is only one option from Trifecta Nutrition, they also offer Keto, Paleo, Classic and Vegetarian meals – so make sure to order from the right menu.
You can also, to some extent, customize these menus, so, for example, you can remove something you are allergic to from a plan.
You have to order a minimum of 7 meals a week from this service but they can be a combination of breakfasts, lunches and dinners so you won’t get bored.
1. All of these meals are made from scratch with fresh, organic products
2. They use high-protein ingredients in the vegan meals which is important
3. Their packaging is completely recyclable
1. This is a premium meal delivery service and as such, it’s a little more expensive than others
2. You don’t choose from a menu – you tell them what you can’t eat and they surprise you
3. Be careful when ordering not all menus are vegan
Veestro offers two sets of objectives to choose from when ordering a meal plan – weight loss or regular and each of them will be prepared by their onsite chef before it’s shipped.
There are also options for you to add high-protein to a meal plan as well as an option for a completely gluten-free box which is excellent.
If you choose a weight loss plan they are a little more expensive than the ordinary plan at $175.50 for 5-days and $226.80 for 7 days of meals.
1. Their weight loss plans are excellent and we can report, effective too
2. If you want convenience all of these meals are ready to oven/microwave no effort required
3. You can choose from gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, kosher and other options
1. They charge a shipping fee on one-off orders making a trial run more expensive than it needs to be
2. You can’t order this in Hawaii or Alaska
3. The meals themselves arrive frozen
One thing that we really like about the Green Chef plan is the constant change in the menus, no two weeks are the same and they still manage to tailor their plans around your dietary requirements.
The pricing is a little confusing at first because of all the options involved but you’re going to find that they’re good value for money by the time you get to the checkout.
Green Chef is more than just a weekly delivery service; they also offer bi-weekly and monthly delivery options to make things more convenient for you.
1. A new set of menus every week makes it interesting
2. They also offer family meal planning which is brilliant
3. Very high quality meals
1. They can work out a bit more expensive depending on exactly what you need
2. They can seem a little fussy at first – the ingredients may be new to you and very exotic
3. If you find something you love to eat, you may not see it twice
Vegin’ Out is based on Los Angeles and as such, LA deliveries are cheaper, which makes sense but doesn’t make those of us outside LA feel great about it.
Alicia Silverstone, yes the famous actress and vegan ambassador, is a famous customer of this meal service.
Vegin’ Out is fairly cost effective and a month’s supply (you don’t need to take each week consecutively) is only $720 in total.
1. They let you choose from 9 different precisely tailored diet options
2. Cater for lunch, breakfast and dinner
3. They provide all nutritional information online
1. Delivery is more expensive outside of Los Angeles
2. We didn’t think this was quite as tasty as other vegan delivery services
3. Rotating menus might get boring after a long period of timee
Final Thoughts On Vegan Meal Delivery
Plant-based living is the future.
Done right, it tastes great and it makes you healthy.
But we admit, it’s sometimes hard to know what to cook or to have the time to cook it.
That’s where one of our best vegan meal delivery services comes in, they take away the hard work and leave you free to enjoy the benefits of your plant-based life.