You don’t have to be a vegan to appreciate vegan fashion and that’s what we kept in mind when we chose our best vegan handbag brands.
In fact, it seems to us while there’s an argument in favor of eating animals, there’s much less of one for wearing animal products when there are plenty of ethical alternatives.
Nobody wants to compromise their style though and you won’t have to with these gorgeous cruelty free choices.
When you spend with Angela Roi a share of the profits is used to try to help animals that might otherwise be poached or be badly treated.
1. No trade-offs or short cuts – it’s all ethical
2. Complete transparency in manufacturing process
3. Committed to fair wage practices
Eloise Satchel – a classic bag that’s perfect for every occasion
Cher Micro – when you want something smaller for more intimate moments
Cher Tote – a large and super functional tote that we adore
They specialize in everyday wear for those that love a minimalist look and feel to their handbags.
1. Fully transparent, working to the SA8000 standard in their factories
2. Fully vegan and materials that are best for the environment
3. Brand ambassadors have included Nathalie Portman and Tobey Maguire!
Doshi are excellent for catering to men’s needs as well as women’s and if your man likes a handbag, this is where to go.
1. Currently aiming for BSCI auditing controls in every factory they use
2. Trying to eliminate synthetic materials where possible
3. Using recycled materials where possible
Alexandra K wants to use fashion to create positive change in the world. They say your style tells the world what you stand for and that’s an easy way to send a message.
They don’t just support the Humane Society International – they also volunteer their time there!
1. Require transparency from suppliers
2. Would be nice to see more transparency on their products though
3. Committed to fair and equitable pay arrangements for artisans
Stella McCartney may be the best known vegan handbag brand in the world. She’s always been very clear about her ethical and vegan credentials and excels at being transparent about all business practices.
This brand is always looking to improve its practices and seeks to treat people, planet and animals on an equal basis always.
1. Very easy to audit and find out what’s going on
2. Products are made to a very high ethical and quality standard
3. Prices, sadly, reflect the excellence of the brand
All their products are made in Los Angeles and everyone is paid a living wage in a workplace that is healthy, happy and safe.
1. They use organic cotton or hemp when possible
2. Incorporate recycled plastic bottles into designs
3. Very transparent and conform to a number of standards
Gunas says “they give back” and to prove it they have a list of over 50 organizations that they’ve given to over the years!
Things We Love About Gunas
1. Our rating might be unfair – they’re not as easy to audit as we’d like
2. Committed vegan activists and very clear about their mission
3. Avoids toxic chemicals in the manufacturing process
We hope that you’ve enjoyed taking a look at these super ethical best vegan handbag brands and that you’ve found something that will look great on your arm.
If you’re interested in pursuing a plant-based lifestyle why not check out our guide to plant-based diets? It’s super helpful.